The Australian Government has established the LPG Vehicle Scheme to assist private use motorists with the purchase of a new LPG vehicle or the conversion of a new or used petrol or diesel vehicle to LPG. The LPG Scheme will continue until August 2013.
Two different grants are available:
- From July 1, 2012 a grant of $1,000 will be paid following the LPG conversion of a new or used petrol or diesel motor vehicle.
- From July 1, 2012 a grant of $2,000 will still be paid following the purchase of a new motor vehicle with an LPG unit fitted prior to first registration of the vehicle.
An eligible vehicle:
- Is for private use (not commercial or business use)
- Is a passenger or light commercial vehicle less than 3.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass
- Must be registered in the Australian state or territory of residence of claimant
- Is not subject to a novated lease or salary sacrifice arrangement
- Must be registered for private use in NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, and the ACT
- Must be declared for private use if registered in SA, TAS and NT
For any further information, call the AusIndustry hotline on 13 28 46 or follow the links below to various pages of interest on the AusIndustry web site.
LPG Vehicle Scheme – Frequently Asked Questions
LPG Vehicle Scheme – Fact Sheet.
LPG Vehicle Scheme – Detailed Fact Sheet (PDF).
LPG Vehicle Scheme – Application Form
LPG Vehicle Scheme – Customer Guidelines
LPG Vehicle Scheme Statistics